|Why people and parents prefer SymptomMD.
The symptom care guides are derived from the telephone protocols used by more than 400 hospital- and health plan-based nurse advice lines and by 90% of pediatric practices. They have been tested on over 150 million symptom calls.
- The content is designed with patient safety as the highest priority
- Each care guide is reviewed by physicians, specialists and nurses for accuracy. The annual review and updates also incorporate parent and consumer feedback regarding clarity and ease of use.
Easy 3-step navigation:
- Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide.
- Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action.
- Follow the self care advice to manage minor illnesses & injuries at home.
Connect to 911, your doctor, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department are available if you have phone service.
Photos and illustrations (159 in all)
One-touch access to the recommended dosage for common over-the-counter medications.
The images help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings. First aid illustrations support proper interim care.